update

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We received word that Ukraine is on Holiday right now.  It is their labor day, and something else...I don't remember what.  Also, because of the political climate in Ukraine right now, adoptions are taking a little longer than they were this time last year.  So, we may be waiting longer than anticipated.  I noticed that on our agencies website, they state that travel time is now 6-10 months after submitting paperwork with the Ukrainian government.  When we started, it was 1-6 months!  It looks like our hopes of traveling this summer may not happen after all.

 On Friday, we took a business day and went down to the USCIS office in Detroit and had our fingerprints taken.  Everything went well, but the day was not without it's problems.  About half way  downtown, I noticed I did not have our paperwork we needed. So, we had to turn around and go back home to get them.  I was almost about to breakdown crying.  I wanted to make sure we could still go, so as Billy drove, I called a 1-800 number that was provided, however that went nowhere.  We decided to take our chances and continue driving.  Well, turns out that they did not even look at the time of our appt. when we checked-in an hour after our appt. time.  That is when we finally found the building.  USICS has a service center downtown in a strip mall, and the sign says SERVICE CENTER....and that's it!  I don't know how many times we drove up and down Jefferson before we found it.