not this year

Thursday, December 4, 2008






We received word that our dossier was not submitted.  SDA will begin accepting dossiers at the beginning of February, 2009.  I hope and pray that we will then be submitted, and that we will have a travel date in the Spring.  In the meantime, Billy and I are considering hosting a child from Ukraine for 10 days this summer.  Our adoption agency has a program for older orphans. Since they have virtually no chance of being adopted, the are given the opportunity to spend time with a family, in the hopes of making a connection which would lead to an adoption.  I have read of many families having successful experiences with hosting programs.  We will keep you posted.

Here are some pictures of where my Opa is from.  He was born in Ukraine, but in a German settlement.  Just like the rest of my grandparents were born in german settlements in Yugoslavia. It doesn't look like things have changed much!  Yikes!